Thursday, September 6, 2012

Busytown Art Party, finally!

Since Luke turned three (6 months ago), I’ve wanted to throw him a Busytown party. But amidst pending moves and other busyness, we missed the window of his actual b-date and once that urgency was lost it slipped down our to-do lists. So, to make up for lost time (and spread out the kiddo chaos) we’re now planning two Busytown parties for the little man. I designed the invites last night and we delivered them this morning, so there’s no turning back now!

As you can see, the first party is just for his preschool classmates and is coming up next week. I’m a little nervous because I only know one of the kids and her mom a bit, and the rest are completely new to us. But we thought that the start of the year would be a great time to get to know the other families in his class, and I’m hoping it boosts Luke’s friendships too. When I ask him who he plays with at school, he tells me, “I didn’t play with any kids at school. I play with Eleanor at Wild Oak house because she’s my best friend.” I love their sweet sibling friendship but of course I’d be delighted for him to have lots of school friends as well.

We haven’t set a date yet for a second party for our church and family friends. It could start to get chilly pretty soon, so I think it will have to wait until our heating system reno is complete. I’m sure I’ll learn a few lessons from Busytown 1.0 to incorporate into the second release. Until then, we have plenty of Richard Scarry reading material to inspire us!

No comments :

Post a Comment