Friday, February 3, 2012

Birthday blast-off

Last weekend Luke was thrilled to attend a birthday party for his sweet friend, M. Luke’s been to a couple other birthday parties, but this was the first time he really understood the concept of a party and couldn’t wait to participate in the festivities. The party was Toy Story themed, so that morning we watched some clips on YouTube with our movie-deprived child. Honestly, he’s so easily spooked by evil characters that I think it will be a long time until I want him to watch it for fear of never getting to sleep in my own bed again! But anyway, back to the party… look at these cutie-pie hats and favors!

Here’s M chasing Luke. Our boy LOVES a good game of chase!

Then there was pin the badge on Buzz,

a little piñata candy chaos {video here},

and lunch from “Pizza Planet” plus adorable Martian cupcakes! The fabulous time has me inspired to throw a party for Luke’s third bday, which is coming up fast. Regretfully, I have yet to host a single birthday bash for Luke or Eleanor. We’ve always been busy on their birthdays and I’ve never quite gotten my party act together in time. We have plans for Luke’s actual birthday this year too, but I’m thinking we’ll just have his party a few weeks later. I love the idea of a book theme and quickly gravitated to Luke’s long-standing favorite, Richard Scarry’s Cars and Trucks and Things that Go. It’s sweet that this book was a childhood favorite of Erik’s too. A quick web search yielded a wealth of party inspiration. Like this pic from here:

Pinned Image

We’ll see what Lukebug and I manage to put together!

1 comment :

  1. I'm kind of glad some one elses kid doesn't like movies & gets freaked out.

    ReplyDelete